Welcome to Science
Science and technology are major influences in many aspects of our daily lives. Our dependence on science and technology demands a high level of scientific literacy for all New Zealanders and requires a comprehensive science education for all students, as well as those who will have careers in science and technology.
- To encourage students to cherish learning in science
- To promote science as an activity that is part of everyday life.
- To help students to develop knowledge and a coherent understanding of the living, physical, material and technological components of their environment
- To help students to develop skills for investigating the living, physical, material and technological components of their environment
- To develop students' interests in and understanding of the knowledge and processes of science which form the basis of many of their future careers.