- Is fun and exciting.
- Teaches the tools to make real life financial decisions in a constantly changing and uncertain world.
- Is the process of preparing and communicating financial information to a wide range of users.
- Enhances financial literacy.
- Assists individuals and organisations to be accountable to stakeholders for their actions.
- Has excellent career opportunities.
Excellent salary scale: $60K-$115K per year
Source: Hays, 'Hays 2014 Salary Guide', 2014.
See https://www.careers.govt.nz/jobs-database/finance-and-property/finance/accountant for further information.