Young Leaders Day
By Katrina Kerr-Bell | Posted: Tuesday June 6, 2017
E kore au e ngaro he kakano i ruia mai i - "I am a seed born of greatness"
A group of twenty Year 7 & 8 students attended the Young Leaders Day held at the Town Hall recently. The theme of the day was "E kore au e ngaro he kakano i ruia mai i rangiatea "I am a seed born of greatness". During the day we focused on different aspects of the theme.
There was an exciting line-up of speakers, all of whom we found inspiring.
- Aaron Jackson spoke of becoming an actor starting from when a scout identified him as having an interesting face to where his career grew.
- Daniel Fly the co-founder of Thankyou, an Australian group that produces water and is branching out into snack food and toiletries. 100% of their profit goes to people around the world in need of water.
- Jodi Brown the former Silver Fern spoke about the need to create a healthy environment to grow in.
- The brothers-in-law who helped buy the Beach for New Zealand in the Marlborough Sounds, spoke about how a big idea can grow.
- The final speaker of the day was Hair Artist Matt Brown who began his career with a $50 razor and went on to become a world ranked barber/hair artist.
The highlight was a performance from Nomad.
We all had a fabulous time and were inspired to plant our own seed of greatness.