Postponement and cancellation of various events
By Kate Nicholson | Posted: Thursday March 19, 2020
Unfortunately, we are postponing the combined Catholic Schools COL day on Friday 20th until a later date to be confirmed. It will now be a normal school day. Please see below for further cancellations and postponements.
Our Catholic Secondary Schools' Sports Tournament has also been cancelled, as have all sports competitions or tournaments on the National Sporting Events Calendar for schools, including handball, 3x3 basketball, SI Mountainbiking and the Maadi Cup, all of which were to take place during summer tournament week ten.
We have taken advice from the Ministry regarding cancelling school assemblies and camps and have decided to postpone all overnight events including the upcoming Duke of Edinburgh and the year 10 Maori Camp.
We will use the following as criteria for our offsite events.Trips off site must:
- carry an appropriate sanitiser for student and staff use
- ask students to bring their own drink bottles and packed lunch (no visiting shops for purchasing food or drink)
- avoid public areas with fifty or more people
- use our vans where possible and ensure that surfaces are wiped down after use
- Both boys and girls volleyball competition is cancelled for the rest of the season
- Handball is suspended for two weeks
- Touch is suspended for two weeks
- All cricket is cancelled for the rest of the season
- Hockey practice schedule for this Sunday is cancelled. Further details will follow
- All netball games are suspended until 2 May when a further decision will be made. No trainings until further notice
- Community futsal and football are all postponed until 2 May
- No community hockey until 2 May
- All basketball suspended until 18 April
- Waterpolo has been cancelled
- No Tuesday and Friday Years 7-9 basketball academy until further notice
- All 7&8 sports and trainings are postponed until further notice.
A notice regarding all sports practices will be communicated shortly.